Monday, December 20, 2021

Summer Learning Journey: Build something that floats.

 Kia Ora Blogger's,

Today for SLJ task, I will be building and testing things that might or may not float. What I did first was I moved my Science experiment to the Kitchen because if I did it in my room i might get my room wet.  After I grabbed a container and filled it up with water. What I wanted to see float was a milk bottle cap, to start easy. 

Here are some photo's of the bottle cap floating:

What I did first was I took a picture of the cap facing up and then faced down.  It seems that both of them can float really good. I hope you enjoy. If you wanna have a go, watch Nanogirl link right here to learn. Have a good day Byee.

 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alisi!

    My name is Charlotte and I am from the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey team!

    Pai mahi on starting the Nanogirl SLJ activity! It is quite a fun one, isn’t it? Smart thinking doing it in the kitchen rather than your bedroom!

    Ka pai on starting with something rather simple, and then building up to something else! Were you surprised that the milk bottle cap floated? How do you think you will construct something that floats?

    I’m looking forward to seeing your creation with this, Alisi!

    Ka pai!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Alisi. It sounds like a smart idea to do this in the kitchen! So why do you think the bottle cap floated? And can you think of anything that would not have floated?

    ReplyDelete